Summer School for Global Leadership 2020 - The Unhealthy State of Health Equity
Join our seven-day intensive summer leadership programme to enhance your understanding as future leaders so as to be able to make informed decisions with passion and empathy
in constructing a world where health is accessible to all.
The world is facing a pandemic of unprecedented proportions, which has brutally exposed prevailing issues of health inequalities in our society and across the world.
With "The Unhealthy State of Health Equity" as the theme, this year’s Summer School for Global Leadership will allow students to identify the importance and challenges of health equity in terms of social-economic determinants, examine the role of international health organisations and be motivated to build solutions to better access and equality to health care.
- Leadership potential actualisation
- Social entrepreneurship development
- Value education
- Intercultural competence
- Be inspired by local and global trainers
- Expose to global issues
- Immerse yourself in cultural diversity
- Global mindset
- Exclusive job shadowing experience
- Experience in a variety of community and civic activities
- Interactive workshops hosted by local and global experts
- Capstone project
25 July 2020 (Sat) to 31 July 2020 (Fri)
- S.3 - S.6 (Grade 9 - Grade 12) student leaders (preferred),
or equivalent, in the 2019/20 academic year
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Demonstrated a sense of commitment to society
- Ability to communicate in English
1. Application Fee
2. Programme Fee
Early Bird Regular
Application Fee HK$6,500 HK$7,500
Deadline 3 June 2020 (Wed) 17 June 2020 (Wed)
*Programme fee includes course material, training fee and shuttle transportation.
*Participants will NEED to cover all other costs including but not limited to meals, local transportation in Hong Kong, insurance and any other personal expenses
during the period of the School.
Grants & Scholarship Application Deadline:
3 June 2020 (Wed)
- Available to Hong Kong residents studying in local secondary schools ONLY
- Grant applicants MUST provide: a reference letter written by a nominator, who must be a teacher of his/her current school
- The application result of School Textbook Assistance Scheme or a copy of the Certificate of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance
- Successful grant applicants may receive a Full Grant (full waiver of ALL course fee) or a Partial Grant (half waiver of ALL course fee) where appropriate
- Scholarships are provided for outstanding applicants with an excellent track record in social innovation/advocacy as well as leadership abilities and positions held in extra-curricular activities
- Scholarship applicants MUST provide: a reference letter written by a nominator, who must be a teacher of his/her current school
- All evidence or proof of the applicant's track record as stated above
- Successful scholarship applicants will receive a full waiver or half waiver of ALL course fee
- Upon completion of the whole course, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- Winning teams of the Capstone Project will be awarded a Certificate of Merit
Working Team Recruitment
Want to spend a fantastic summer in a varied, fast-moving and fun environment working with young people?
Join us at The Summer School for Global Leadership 2020! We are now recruiting group leaders and organising committees.
If you are...
✅ University or above (Secondary school students will also be considered as Organising Committee)
✅ Work well with others
✅ Flexible to changes
✅ Passionate about local and global issues
We would like to hear from you!
For details, please visit this link.