"Hong Kong 200" Leadership Project
Have you ever imagined... what kind of talents the future world needs?
World Economic Forum (WEF) proposes 10 "Future Skills", including complex problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, people management, coordinating skills, emotional intelligence, judgement and decision making, service orientation, negotiation and cognitive flexibility.
The "Hong Kong 200" Leadership Project is one of the key programmes of “HSBC Future Skills Development Project”. It provides a comprehensive, professional and forward-looking leadership training experience for secondary school students with outstanding potential to meet future challenges, in order to help them to shoulder the task of promoting social development. The Project emphasises the learning experience for students, and encourages students to try and promote social progress. "Leadership Guiding Programme" will be first introduced to consolidate student leadership foundation. The training content covers various social issues, focusing on the relationship between individuals and society and the connection between the present and the future.
- Tradition and Future: Cultivate generic leadership skills and futuristic thinking
- Diversified Training: Experiential learning, social practice, overseas exchange and internship experience
- Flexible Training: Enhance leadership skills flexibly through compulsory and optional training
- Extensive Network: Gather over 2,600 young leaders and attract student leaders from 85% of schools
- Value Creation: Cultivate commitment to service and to the community
- Professional Guidance: Connect social leaders to be our trainers and speakers
In order to ensure public health and safety during the Covid-19 pandemic, and effective delivery of training contents, the latest arrangement of the "Hong Kong 200" Leadership Project 2020 is as follows.
- Application deadline: 28 Oct 2020 (Wednesday)
- Eligibility: S.4 to S.6 (2020/2021 school year) enrolled as full-time students in Hong Kong secondary schools
- Core training: December 2020 - August 2021
- “Leadership Foundation Training” had been completed in July and August 2020
Please feel free to contact Ms Kylie WAN at 9536 2354 / SLS@leadershipinstitute.hk if you have any questions.
Dec 2020 -Jun 2021
Jul - Aug
Sep 2021 -
Be in Form 4 or above enrolled as full-time students in Hong Kong secondary schools (2020/2021 school year)
Be current or former holders of leadership positions at their schools (Including Head Prefects, Prefects, Presidents and other Office Bearers of Student Unions, Chairpersons and other Office Bearers of Clubs or Societies, and Captains and other Office Bearers of Houses)
Demonstrate a commitment to serve the community
Demonstrate good conduct and outstanding academic / extra-curricular performance and / or are award recipients
Demonstrate good language proficiency and communication skill
Be recommended by their school principal (The number of students that can be recommended by schools is unlimited, however, no more than 5 students from each school will be selected as participants) / Apply through self nomination